Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

3 days to Drummondville!

The big race of my season is just a few days away.  I'm filling up with excitement and anticipation.  It's going to be my first draft legal race with the Quebec elite in Drummondville for a sprint triathlon.

I'm feeling pretty confident about the swim.  Practicing with my wetsuit I was flying over the water effortlessly.  I want to stay with the main pack as long as possible.

I am a little nervous for that first transition.  I've never really properly practiced getting out of my wetsuit, so Saturday is really going to be a first. I also need a quick smooth transition onto the bike. Jump on, get my feet in the shoes, get some speed and go!  Catching a good draft on the bike will be key!  I think I am going to go practice my transitions tomorrow morning and then take a short workout on the circuit.

My goal for the day is to be close (within a couple minutes) of the leaders off the bike.  If things don't go according to plan I have a month to make adjustments before the next race in Quebec City!

To sign up or for more information about the Drummondville race check out: http://www.triathlon.qc.ca/

Best of luck to all competing athletes, especially McGill Triathletes!

Patrick

No comments:

Post a Comment